All the blame to my daddy long legs , 都责备我的长脚阿爸!
这文章我写的是我惦记我两个例子领导， 让我获得今天的想法，我会应用这方案我当领导的时候。。。 （*＾ワ＾*）아주 행복하다.
I used to have a daddy long legs , I called him daddy because he acted like my father, like my superior, like my partner in crime and also like my tutor. Actually he was one of my bosses and he is the best boss I have ever had, he taught me a lot of important things to be an entrepreneur or leader .
Until today , I cannot forget ALL THE VALUES he thought me , and they immerse deeply in my mind and I will never forget whatever he has taught me until now that sometimes I got carried away and it becomes a down size for me for remembering all his teaching. Compared to my other bosses , only one person who can match with his excellent standards , and my second boss is a woman, with woman characteristics. In my opinion they cannot really be compared to each other, but definitely they complement each other. Their leadership methods, which I want to follow, if I have ever got the chance to be a leader will be elaborated in this writing of mine. I want to apply their leadership methods in my leadership.
This writing or my soliloquy based on my previous experience contains 45 points, which I divided into 4 big classifications :
1. Time management
• No tardiness , always be the earliest person to come to the office. By coming early in the office you can prepare everything before your boss coming. This will definitely help with your work performance in the office.
• Loyal to your work and time , if you are given a lot of work don’t think that you are used up. Nowadays workers like to have big salary, but they do not want to embrace works. There is a mentality problem in our new generation society, they want big money, but do not want a lot of works or the responsibility , not only they like to come late, but also to go home early . They just come to work because they have to earn a living, not because they love working and enjoy the learning in working or solving and facing new problems in their works. The important thing is by the end of the month I will get a paycheck and whether I do my work or not it’s no matter to me , as long as I play a good employee, just to do the job or works given to me, that’s enough.
2. Work ethics or how to do your works
• No lie / trustworthy , once you lie, you will not be a reliable person. For my point of view if one of your workers lie means that he or she does not trust you, or because you are too over -reacting when they are telling the truth. Once they lie to you, they will always lie you. Many times, leaders do not trust their workers and they do not trust their skills or competency and this will affect their work attitude . Good leader will always listen to their subordinates because problems can easily be learned by someone who is doing the work and boss only know the problems 5% out of 100% problems occur on the bottom line of the company .
• Detail oriented, to support your argument or to support your report you need supporting details that will power up your premises. It also has something to do with chronological order or history or database. You have a sound arguments or premises you will not be easily distracted. If I may , I want to quote from my second tutor , what is fundamentally wrong cannot be right .
• High dignity , once you break this, you will be a wronged employee . Once you can be bought by other people, you will be seduced by other people because of your wrongdoing. You will be easily taken advantage by people, because they know your secrets.
• To err is inhuman , to forgive is not divine . Do not ever think if you have mistake you will be easily forgiven. To err is inhuman, therefore plan your work, and work your plans and don’t forget to ask for your superior approval. Be prepared for everything, work with all your heart and conscious .
• Be discreet/ no grape vine or gossips. Be discreet about your company action and work. Do not meddling in company conflict or grape vines or gossips.
• No mix feeling due to family relation , it is really really bad to have your family members work in the same company with you. I have seen this in my previous company of which members of my boss family work in the office. They do not work properly because they’re the members of the boss family and they have a bad attitudes toward works. What is worst is that the member of the family also carried out a treason to the company and cheated the company money .
• Independent judgement , it is very important for a leader to have a good judgment about people surrounding him or her. Notion about people surrounding him or her can be easily influenced and directed to a bad path that will also misled the company competitive advantages .
• Good paradigm , it is important to have a good notion or paradigm in working because if you cannot work in a good order how come the output be able to help creating the company values. Is it is a technical thing a leader should listen more to their subordinates , since they are paid because of their skills to help the company creating value and achieve the company goal.
• Fast pace work attitude , working is like facing problems, therefore dreams of problem as soon as possible, embrace a fast pace work , do not postpone your work.
• Be a morning person, be happy to embrace your work load for a day. Once you step your feet at the office , start doing your works do not procrastinate .
• Be simple and humble , explain clearly and concisely to your boss . Do not over -react everything, be happy if you are given many responsibility , it means they notice your competency and want to use them up. It is good for your career advancement .
• Treat people with respect , especially your subordinates, who knows they will help you materializing your objectives and achieve the company vision.
• Teach with example, analogy , and parable , one of the example or parable taught by my boss is : “Seeing once is better than asking many times” or “ 千问不如一见”. This parable is used by my boss to teach the importance from learning by doing .
• Do your homework , good leaders always do their homework, at least they know what to be done at the office . This way， they can mitigate problems as soon as possible.
• Exude positive energy and power, to be a leader one must accept their positions and their responsibilities and execute their positive energy and power to lead people to do their works.
• Do not transfer shit to your subordinates, as human beings, leaders also have their days, sometimes they have bad days, sometimes they have happy good days. No matter what day you have as a leader you have to project happiness to your subordinates， because your problems or your position problems are not your subordinates ‘ problems.
• Stewardship delegation , it is important for leaders to be able to delegate their works to their subordinates. A good delegation is always a stewardship delegation, where they are given clear instruction or clear objectives to achieve . In the contrary many leaders apply go for delegation , they have their subordinates to do things as they are asked without given the opportunity to be creative or used their own method to finish the tasks . It is bad for the future career of the subordinates, because you are not valued for their thinking that creativity.
• Integrity , do the same good things while no one watching . White is white , black is black , there is only two choices YES or NO, NO GREY AREA.
• Efficiency and effectiveness, in conducting your works, pay attention to efficiency which refers to money wise, and effectiveness which relates to the right method in accomplishing the goal .
• Listening comprehension , leader must posses listening comprehension why? Because it plays an important role to decide what to be done , what is next ?
• Checking people work , as a leader you must exercise delegation. That ‘s why you need to have a good monitoring or checking your subordinates‘ work to assure everything on the right path or course.
• Not transferring stress to subordinate , your stress because of your responsibility as leader should not be transferred to your subordinate. Solve the problem yourself or if you can ask help your subordinate, you can opt for it. However the underlying essence is take your responsibility do not blame your subordinate if you cannot handle your responsibility .
• Good notion of business management, to be a leader must have good sense of business management. Leadership needs not only do things right but also do the right things .
• Accountability , to be a leader must able to show ones accountability before others follow your vision.
• Assertiveness , in a good way, never be a favorite leader by being permissive, but be assertive in executing your vision and company value .
• Support creativity, leader lead people to do their works and let them do using their creativity.
• Strong monitoring and controlling , apply monitoring and controlling to assure everything is being on the right track .
• Well education, one of a leader responsibility is to educate their subordinate so that they will be able to do their works perfectly and meet your standard .
• High level of English proficiency , how you become a reflection of your esteemed company, if you don not speak, write and understand English well . How you will be a representative in an international environment and to create leads to get a deal.
• High level of computer literacy , using technology cannot be avoided, therefore it is important to be tech savvy .
• Technical expertise , to be technically savvy will help your way if solving technical problems.
• Choosing the best people , good seeds are never wrong, it is easier to manage people with good character, ability, skills, and knowledge .
• Trustworthy , one requirement to speed up growth is to employ trust. Therefore better to hire trustworthy people , cheap people is not trustworthy .
• Logic / chronological orders , people will easily follow your idea or suggestion if you can convey your idea in a logic and chronological order.
• Accounting literacy , to execute plans leader need accounting literacy so that they make a good decision by using good calculation.
• Short and long term memory is valuable, to forecast about what will be good for the future, you must have a good short and long term memory to avoid doing the same mistakes .
• Nurturing or becoming an epitome , leading starts from yourself , by becoming a good self will transfer and reflect to your subordinate, because your team is your reflection. To nurture your subordinate, will give them a good example and remind them your values so that they will take up your values .
• Enjoy learning and reading books, by reading books and learning from others mistakes with making the mistakes itself , will definitely level up your paradigms .
• Support learning curves, by supporting the learning , you will also learn from your subordinates. You might hold the position as their leader but in the eyes of universe you are the same position as other beings .
• Clean shaved and well groom , it is a little bit cheesy, but it is the way the world operates around you . Before people buy the content of your head, people will perceive your appearance, so dress up and show your well shaved and groom, before you market your view, solution or your company product .